God delights in your prosperity!
God delights in the prosperity of His children (Psalm 35:27). Did you know that? Do you believe it? If you are struggling to accept God’s provision, or if you doubt that God wants you to prosper in every area of life, then check out what His Word says about the subject:
- 3 John 2: “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.” (KJV)
- Joshua 1:8: “Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.”
- Psalm 1:1-3: “Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked,
or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do.”
- Deuteronomy 8:18: “Remember the Lord your God. He is the one who gives you power to be successful, in order to fulfill the covenant, he confirmed to your ancestors with an oath.”
- Proverbs 13:22: “Good people leave an inheritance to their grandchildren, but the sinner’s wealth passes to the godly.”
- Psalm 35:27: “Let them shout for joy and be glad, who favor my righteous cause, and.let them say continually, ‘Let the Lord be magnified who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.” (NKJV)
- Psalm 84:11: “For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.”
- Proverbs 10:22: “The blessing of the Lord makes a person rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.”
- Proverbs 13:21: “Trouble chases sinners, while blessings reward the righteous.”
Begin meditating on these verses. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal their truth to you and show you how that truth applies to every area of your life. Then begin to confess them over yourself and over your family. Here’s an example:
6 Scriptures to Help You Trust Jesus With Your Finances
Lord, I thank You that You want my family and me to prosper and be in health even as our souls prosper because we are Your children. We know that as we study, follow and obey Your Word, we will succeed in all we do. Each of us is like a tree planted along the riverbank, bearing good fruit each season. We know that You give us the power to be successful in all You’ve called us to do. We trust You when You promise to bring sinners’ wealth to us because we know that You receive pleasure when we, Your servants, prosper. We know that You won’t withhold any good thing from us and that Your blessing makes us, the righteous, rich. And we praise You for all You are doing in and through us!
Let us know how the Lord begins to work in your life as you begin meditating and confessing these scriptures. We want to celebrate with you!
The idea of trusting Jesus with your finances may be a new one. If so, the Word is the first stop in finding out what it really means to trust Jesus and surrender your financial decisions to Him and His ways. Here are five scriptures to get you started:
You Can Trust Jesus with All Areas of Your Life—Including Finances
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. –John 15:4-5
God Will Take Care of You and Your Finances
So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. –Matthew 6:31-33
Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. –1 Timothy 6:17
When You Trust and Obey Him with Your Finances
If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully keep all his commands that I am giving you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the world. You will experience all these blessings if you obey the Lord your God: Your towns and your fields will be blessed. Your children and your crops will be blessed. The offspring of your herds and flocks will be blessed. Your fruit baskets and breadboards will be blessed. Wherever you go and whatever you do, you will be blessed. –Deuteronomy 28:1-6 (Read the entire chapter.)
And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God’s promise to Abraham belongs to you. –Galatians 3:29
A Promise to Stand on for Your Prosperity
That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him. But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets.” –1 Corinthians 2:9-10
Jesus wants to be as involved with your financial life as He is with your spiritual. Let these scriptures be a starting point for deeper study into God’s Word. As you discover God’s heart and love for you, may you trust Him with every area of life—even your finances!
As always, if you need a partner to agree with you in prayer, please call our prayer ministers at 1-833-472-2363 or submit a prayer request. Any day of the year, we’re here for you!